Job Opening – Director of Children’s Ministries
Job Opening available Summer, 2022.
Main Street Baptist Church in Sackville, NB is seeking a qualified individual to be part-time Children’s Director at our church. If you are interested, please send your resume to Pastor Swanson at email@example.com
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for overseeing certain children’s ministries as requested by the deacons and pastoral staff in the overall objective of being disciples who are making disciples for Jesus Christ. The Director has been delegated the authority by the senior pastor and deacon board of this church to act in this capacity and therefore is directly responsible to them.
- This is a salaried part-time position (Three Months Probation)
- The Children’s Director must be a person who has been born into God’s family through faith in the Salvation offered by Jesus Christ and demonstrates a faithful walk with Him.
- The Children’s Director must be, or must become, a member of Main Street Baptist Church
- He/she is an integral part of God’s family and our church family, and then from that identity, an integral part of our staff and ministry team.
Time Expectations: @ 8 hours / week
Financial Salary: $16 per hour plus vacation pay
Vacation: Three weeks paid
Overall responsibilities include:
- Development and partnership with volunteer adults for the purpose of Biblical instruction of young people in various ministries, including:
- First Hour (Sunday School)
- Second Hour – Kidzone
- Vacation Bible School/ Special Days
- NOTE: In keeping with our desire to be disciples who are making disciples, the Director will not be expected to participate at all teaching opportunities but will be responsible to train and give opportunities for ministry to others.
- Organization and instruction for church’s protection policy – Plan to Protect
- Home visitation and other plans of assisting families in helping young people follow Christ
- Oversight of nursery schedule and making sure nursery is in working order.